Thursday, August 7, 2008

Regret

So this topic was stolen from paul291, of Thoughts (http://mythoughtsrandomized.blogspot.com/). Regret. I don't understand it, but I do. Why waste time saying you regret something, if you can't change it? The past is the past, there's nothing we can do about it. If we could, I think everybody would want to change it.

Then, I wonder, why regret? Do you regret something just because of the outcome, or do you honestly wish you hadnt done it? If you do regret something because of the outcome, I don't think you should, because not doing whatever you did could have drastically changed the events of history.

I guess everything happens for a reason.

And then there's another topic that roams my mind, which would happen to be the truth/honesty. I once heard that we lie best when we lie to ourselves. That, I think is true. In order to convince others that you are telling the truth, you need to believe it yourself. And truth. "I didn't tell you the truth because you can't handle the truth." What's truth? is it what you believe, or is it what actually happened. In a physical thought, the thruth is what actually happened. But in an emotional thought, how can you tell what's the truth?

Sorry, these past two days I've been feeling slightly philosophical, and making no sense.

xoxoalexis.

2 comments:

No One said...

I think about that too. I never regret something.. well if it's REALLY stupid then I might regret it for a few minutes (litterally) but I quickly get over it. There is NO point to regret. Its a dumb thing to do, really.


I like you being philosophical, btw. You sound like me. lol

!) said...

haha
you don't have to use the word "stolen"

really interesting thought about truth; sometimes I find myself lying to myself and sometimes it becomes the truth to me unless I catch myself

there might be some point in regretting; it helps you learn